These Vegan Walnut Chocolate Chip Cassava Cookies take little time to make and have the perfect ratio of cookies to chocolate chips. Using only pantry items to make, these cookies are indulgent and flavorful. It requires 10 ingredients to make only!
One of the first things I learned to make is cookies. When I was young, I would rely on cookie mix boxes as no one in my family knew how to make cookies. I remember stepping on a stool or the highest chair I can find and using a mixer, combined all the batter together and made giant chocolate chip cookies.
I would bake them in the tiny convection oven we had and had to go through 2-3 batches before all of them are baked. I would have a cup of milk ready and a big pink plate ready once the oven dings. Needless to say, my love for cookies continued especially during times when I wanted something sweet and also to munch on.
I made these Vegan Walnut Chocolate Chips Cassava Cookies using the leftover pantry ingredients I have. You can substitute the cassava flour for regular flour if you’re not gluten-free or use gluten-free all-purpose flour. Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make these cookies:
-creamy, unsalted peanut butter
-organic coconut sugar
-vegan chocolate chips
Let’s make these Vegan Walnut Chocolate Chips Cassava Cookies!Print
These Vegan Walnut Chocolate Chip Cassava Cookies take little time to make and have the perfect ratio of cookies to chocolate chips. Using only pantry items to make, these cookies are indulgent and flavorful. Requires 10 ingredients to make only!
-1 cup cassava flour
-2 flaxeggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water, mixed together)
-½ cup + 1 tbsp creamy, unsalted peanut butter
-½ cup vegan butter, melted
-½ cup + 2 tbsp organic coconut sugar
-⅓ cup chopped walnuts
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-½ tsp baking powder
-½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder together until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxseed eggs, peanut butter, vegan butter, and vanilla extract together thoroughly. Slowly add in the flour mixture until well-combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie batter into 1 ½-2 tbsp balls and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with some Maldon sea salt (optional). Enjoy!
Keywords: walnuts, cassava flour, gluten-free, chocolate chips, vegan, easy