These Vegan Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls are easy to make and can be served as sweet or savory. They are perfect with jam or butter for breakfast or have it along with soups or salads.
-3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
-1 packet active dry yeast (about 2 ½ tsp)
-¾ cup unsweetened plant-based milk
-½ tsp salt
-1 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
-¼ cup organic coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
-3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- Microwave the milk for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave until it is warm, not overly hot. Add in the yeast and allow it to sit and bubble.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar and mix well.
- Slowly add in the yeast mixture and mashed potatoes. Knead until the dough is smooth. If it is too sticky add a little flour at a time and knead again until smooth.
- Lightly oil a bowl. Add in the dough and cover with a cloth and allow it to double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the over to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
Once ready, roll the dough into a log and divide into 9 pieces. Roll each dough out slightly and roll into a log. Add onto the baking pan. Repeat with the other pieces.
- Once ready lightly brush the rolls with 1-2 tbsp maple syrup. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven, brush with remaining maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: dinner rolls, vegan bread, sweet potatoes, sweet rolls