This Vegan Purslane and Peach Salad requires minimal ingredients to make and is the perfect summer salad. It is refreshing to have and the purslane brings out a lemony flavor to the salad.
- 1 handful of fresh purslane, washed with stems removed
- 1 handful mustard greens (or any other greens of choice)
- 1 large green plum, thinly sliced
- 1 large peach, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp nuts of choice (I used sliced almonds and cashews)
- 1 ear of corn, sliced
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with some oil. Add the corn and allow it to be lightly charred. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Toss together the purslane and mustard greens with the salad dressing. Top with the charred corn, sliced peaches and plums, and nuts of choice. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: salads, easy meals, vegan salads, purslane, mustard greens, summer