These Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts are soft, fluffy, and decadent. They take less than 30 minutes to make and are definitely a crowd-pleaser.
I have to admit that growing up, I did not like chocolate-flavored donuts as much. I prefer glazed or strawberry jelly donuts the most. However, as my love for chocolate grew over the years, chocolate donuts became one of my top choices too.
I’m a bit picky when it comes to chocolate donuts, knowing some bakeries don’t add enough chocolate flavor to them or the donuts themselves are not as fluffy as I like them. That led me to making these Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts. Even though they are gluten-free and many think it’s impossible to get desserts that taste good that are gluten-free, these donuts will prove you wrong. They have the perfect amount of chocolate flavor and with the addition of the chopped nuts and coconut flavor, these donuts are perfection. Are you convinced they are good already?
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts:
-plant-based milk of choice
-vegan chocolate chips
-raw pecans, walnuts
Let’s start baking these Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts!Print
These Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts are soft, fluffy, and decadent. They take less than 30 minutes to make and are definitely a crowd pleaser.
-1 cup gluten-free flour
-3 tbsp cacao powder
-½ cup coconut sugar
-2 flaxseed eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water mixed together)
-⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
-¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other milk of choice)
-½ cup vegan chocolate chips
-½ tsp vanilla extract
-¼ cup raw pecans, chopped
-¼ cup walnuts, chopped
-¼ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
-½ tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a donut pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, sugar, baking soda and baking powder together. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxseed eggs, applesauce, milk and vanilla extract together and mix well. Slowly into flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Scoop into donut pan, about 3/4th of the way full per donut.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven when ready and let cool.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 20 seconds intervals until chocolate melts.
- When the donuts are cooled, dip each donut into the melted chocolate and top with the mixed nuts and shredded coconut. Let the chocolate set on the donuts before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: healthy donuts, vegan, gluten-free, chocolate, easy