These Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes are gooey in the center and packed with chocolate flavors. They are easy to make and are for sure a crowd-pleaser.
I cannot believe it is already February. While many might say January was the longest month, I felt that it flew by. It is the second month of a new decade and I cannot be more grateful for the everyday. Now that we’re in the love month with Valentine’s Day not too far away, I am ready for all the chocolate desserts. I am beginning with these Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting. They are gluten-free and oil-free and who doesn’t want more chocolate desserts?
These Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes are gooey and super moist inside. They melt in your mouth when they are warm and especially tasty right out of the oven. You can add the frosting or opt-out of them. They taste amazing both ways!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes:
-baking soda & powder
-organic powdered sugar
-vegan chocolate chips
Let’s make these Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes!Print
These Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes are gooey in the center and packed with chocolate flavors. They are easy to make and are for sure a crowd pleaser.
-¾ cup gluten-free flour
-½ cup cassava flour
-½ cup cacao powder
-¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
-½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant based milk of choice)
-½ cup maple syrup
-½ tsp espresso powder (optional- the espresso powder helps brings out the chocolate flavor)
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 ½ tsp baking powder
-½ tsp baking soda
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup vegan chocolate chips
-1 cup (or 2 sticks) vegan butter
-3 cups organic powdered sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour, cassava flour, cacao powder, espresso powder (optional) cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Combine thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Combine thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners about ¾ of the way full. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Add the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined and smooth. Add into a piping bag of choice or use a ziploc bag, cutting the corner to frost.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven when ready and let cool completely before frosting. Once ready frost and serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: cupcakes, vegan, Valentine’s Day, chocolate, gluten-free, oil-free