These Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Tartlets are easy to make and require a few ingredients only. It requires no baking and makes the perfect treat for any day. They are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free).
My all-time favorite flavor combination for anything is chocolate with peanut butter and bananas. I have this combo nearly every day. There is just something so special about these three comfort foods and chocolate is forever a yes for me. With the stay-at-home orders, I have not had the opportunity to go to farmer’s markets as often as I want and have not found a lot of fresh seasonal fruits close to me. Bananas have been my staple and so it is not surprising to find a couple overly ripe bananas in my kitchen.
Instead of making banana bread which has exploded these last couple of weeks, I decided to make something different. Tarts are one of my favorite treats to make and so I decided to make some banana tartlets. To make them even more comforting and flavorful, I also added chocolate and peanut butter to them. They are rich and creamy made with wholesome ingredients like Medjool dates, cashews and other nuts.
Are you ready to make these Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Tartlets? Here are the ingredients you will need:
-unsalted, raw cashews
-unsalted, creamy peanut butter
-unrefined coconut oil
-vegan chocolate chips
-fresh Medjool dates
-raw almonds, walnuts or any other nuts of choice
-unsweetened, shredded coconut
-plant-based milk of choice
Let’s make these Vegan Chocolate PB Banana Tartlets!Print
These Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Tartlets are easy to make and require a few ingredients only. It requires no baking and makes the perfect treat for any day. They are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free).
-1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
-¼ cup coconut oil, melted
-½ cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter
-½ cup gluten-free rolled oatmeal
-¼ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
-½ cup nuts of choice
-2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
-1 large ripe banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
-½ cup unsalted, peanut butter
-¼ cup coconut oil, melted
-2-3 tbsp plant-based milk of choice
-¼ cup maple syrup
-1 cup vegan chocolate chips
-1 tsp coconut oil
Other Toppings (optional)
-2 ripe bananas, sliced
-½ cup nuts of choice, chopped
-3-4 tbsp cacao nibs
- First, make the crust. Add all the ingredients for the crust into a blender and blend until crumbles form.
- Divide the crust mixture between 6 tartlet pans (about 3 inches in size), making sure to press on all sides. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add 1 tbsp of milk at a time if you want a thinner consistency.
- Divide the filling into the tartlet pans and place them back into the freezer for 30-40 minutes.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil for the chocolate topping together. Microwave in 30 seconds intervals until all the chocolate melted and a smooth consistency forms.
- Once the tartlets set, top about 1 ½ – 2 tbsp of the chocolate to the tartlets. Place back into the freezer for 5 minutes until the chocolate sets. Set on the counter or in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before serving. Add sliced bananas, chopped nuts, and some cacao nibs if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: tartlets, tarts, vegan, chocolate, bananas, peanut butter, creamy