This Vegan Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Loaf is packed with gingerbread spices, getting you excited for the holidays coming up. It is warming and sweetened to the right amount to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack/dessert. It is also gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
-2 ¼ cups gluten-free oat flour
-3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
-½ cup dairy-free milk
-1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
-½ cup maple syrup
-¼ cup organic coconut sugar
-⅓ cup molasses
-2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water mixed together)
-1 tsp apple cider vinegar
-2 tsp ground ginger
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-½ tsp ground cloves
-½ tsp ground nutmeg
-½ tsp baking powder
-½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, all the spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except chocolate chips in a separate bowl. Slowly add in flour mixture and combine well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the bread pan. Top with more chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 50-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cool before slicing. Enjoy while warm!
Keywords: bread, gingerbread spices, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, holidays, chocolate chips