These Vegan Chinese Steamed Rice Cakes require only 6 ingredients to make. They are light and take minimal time to make.
-1 ½ cup (200g) regular flour, sifted
-⅓ cup (100g) organic granulated sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-200mL water, plus more if needed
-Pink vegan food coloring
-3-4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly add in the water, mixing until there are no lumps.
- Divide the batter in half. Add 2-3 drops of the pink food coloring to one bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Heat a steamer basket with water over medium-high heat.
- Brush 6 ramekin glass bowls with the coconut oil. Divide the batter into the 6 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in the steamer basket. Cover and allow to steam for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it to rest for 3 minutes before removing the cover.
- After the 3 minutes, remove the ramekins from the steamer. Allow to cool for another 5 minutes. Slowly remove the steamed rice cakes from the ramekin. Serve and enjoy while warm!
Keywords: steamed rice cakes, chinese cakes, chinese dessert, vegan cakes