These Vegan Blueberry Belgium Waffles take less than 20 minutes to make. They are crispy on the outside and light on the inside. They are vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
-1 ¾ cups 1:1 gluten-free flour (can sub for all-purpose flour)
-1 flaxegg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water mixed together)
-¼ cup organic coconut sugar
-⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
-1 ½ cup plant-based milk of choice, unsweetened
-¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
-1 tbsp baking powder
-½ tsp pure vanilla extract
-pinch of salt
-1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxegg, applesauce, milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract together. Mix until well-combined. Fold in the blueberries. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a waffle maker and spray with oil. Pour ½ cup of the batter into the waffle maker and wait for the waffle maker to change lights for the waffles to cook through. Be careful not to wait too long to prevent them from burning.
- Repeat the step above until all the batter is used.
- Top the waffles with more blueberries, maple syrup, vegan butter or anything else you would like! Serve and enjoy!
*Freeze any leftover waffles in a freezer and reheat in a toaster when ready to serve again
Keywords: vegan waffles, waffles, gluten-free waffles, blueberries