These Vegan Blueberry Beligium Waffles take less than 20 minutes to make. They are crispy on the outside and light on the inside. They are vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
I always look forward to the weekend, thinking about what I would make for brunch. Everytime I think about it, it is usually a debate between pancakes or waffles. More often than not, I would choose waffles because of their fun shapes and the pockets from them to which we can fill with maple syrup. I also love that you can just pour the batter into the waffle maker and wait for the light to switch for it to be ready. I know, just the lazy me that does not want to wait over a pan to flip pancakes. That is probably the top reason I love waffles a little bit more.
However, they cannot just be regular waffles, but must be slightly crispy, chewy and also fluffy on the inside. If I feel like it, I would add in fruits like strawberries and blueberries or for something sweeter, chocolate chips. This time, I wanted something simple yet reminds me of the summer. So here comes these Vegan Blueberry Beligum Waffles.
These waffles take minimal time to make and have the perfect amount of sweetness to them. They are made gluten-free and oil-free. If you are ready to make these Vegan Blueberry Belgium Muffins, here are the ingredients you will need:
-1:1 gluten free flour
-organic coconut sugar
-unsweetened, plant-based milk of choice
-apple cider vinegar
Ready to make these blueberry waffles? Let’s get started!Print
These Vegan Blueberry Belgium Waffles take less than 20 minutes to make. They are crispy on the outside and light on the inside. They are vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
-1 ¾ cups 1:1 gluten-free flour (can sub for all-purpose flour)
-1 flaxegg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water mixed together)
-¼ cup organic coconut sugar
-⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
-1 ½ cup plant-based milk of choice, unsweetened
-¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
-1 tbsp baking powder
-½ tsp pure vanilla extract
-pinch of salt
-1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxegg, applesauce, milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract together. Mix until well-combined. Fold in the blueberries. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a waffle maker and spray with oil. Pour ½ cup of the batter into the waffle maker and wait for the waffle maker to change lights for the waffles to cook through. Be careful not to wait too long to prevent them from burning.
- Repeat the step above until all the batter is used.
- Top the waffles with more blueberries, maple syrup, vegan butter or anything else you would like! Serve and enjoy!
*Freeze any leftover waffles in a freezer and reheat in a toaster when ready to serve again
Keywords: vegan waffles, waffles, gluten-free waffles, blueberries