These Vegan Almond Cardamom Cake Bars are easy to make and make for the perfect snack or dessert to have. They are vegan and gluten-free and topped with a simple sugar glaze.
-1 ¼ cup almond flour
-¾ cup brown rice flour
-1 ½ tsp ground cardamon
-½ tsp ground cinnamon
-½ tsp apple cider vinegar
-2 flaxeggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water mixed together)
-¾ cup plant-based milk of choice, unsweetened (I used almond milk)
-½ cup maple syrup
-¼ tsp almond extract
-¼ cup unrefined, coconut oil
-½ cup sliced almonds
-½ tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-pinch of salt
Vanilla Sugar Glaze
-2 cups organic powdered sugar
-1 tbsp plant-based milk of choice, unsweetened
-¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with oil.
- Add the almond flour, brown rice flour, cardamom, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, flaxeggs, maple syrup, and almond extract together. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix well. Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
Pour the batter into the bread pan. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan cake, almond cake, cardamon, cinnamon, sugar glaze, gluten-free cake, vegan bars