These Vegan Almond Cardamom Cake Bars are easy to make and makes for the perfect snack or dessert to have. They are vegan and gluten-free and topped with a simple sugar glaze.
I cannot believe we are in the middle of June already. It feels like time is flying by this year and summer is officially starting in a few days. I’ve been really enjoying time outdoors whenever I can, taking in the cool early mornings and warm afternoons. One of my favorite things to do after a long walk is having a cup of tea and some sweets usually a cookie, cake or brownie. I was thinking about making another cake, but did not have enough space in my kitchen and wanted something more simple and that I don’t have to make layers for.
I decided to make these Vegan Almond Cardamon Cake Bars where you can use a cake batter and make into bar forms, easy to grab with your hands and requires no forks if you do not want to use one. They are best served warm when the cake itself is warm and the glaze is melting. The cake itself is not overly sweet and the light glaze pairs perfectly with it. If you want to leave the cake unfrosted, you can do that too!
If you are ready to make these Vegan Almond Cardamon Cake Bars, here are the ingredients you will need:
-brown rice flour
-apple cider vinegar
-plant-based milk of choice, unsweetened
-pure almond and vanilla extract
-unrefined, coconut oil
-organic powdered sugar
Ready to make these bars? Let’s start baking!Print
These Vegan Almond Cardamom Cake Bars are easy to make and make for the perfect snack or dessert to have. They are vegan and gluten-free and topped with a simple sugar glaze.
-1 ¼ cup almond flour
-¾ cup brown rice flour
-1 ½ tsp ground cardamon
-½ tsp ground cinnamon
-½ tsp apple cider vinegar
-2 flaxeggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water mixed together)
-¾ cup plant-based milk of choice, unsweetened (I used almond milk)
-½ cup maple syrup
-¼ tsp almond extract
-¼ cup unrefined, coconut oil
-½ cup sliced almonds
-½ tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-pinch of salt
Vanilla Sugar Glaze
-2 cups organic powdered sugar
-1 tbsp plant-based milk of choice, unsweetened
-¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with oil.
- Add the almond flour, brown rice flour, cardamom, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, flaxeggs, maple syrup, and almond extract together. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix well. Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
Pour the batter into the bread pan. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan cake, almond cake, cardamon, cinnamon, sugar glaze, gluten-free cake, vegan bars