If you like banana bread and cake, you will fall in love with these Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars. They are gluten-free and oil-free and will satisfy all banana bread and chocolate lovers.
-1 cup gluten free flour
-½ cup almond flour
-1 flaxegg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 ½ tbsp water mixed together, let sit for 5 minutes)
-¾ cup banana puree (2-3 ripe bananas)
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-3 tbsp creamy, unsalted peanut butter
-2 tbsp coconut sugar
-1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxegg with the banana puree, and peanut butter. Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until well-combined.
- Fold ½ cup of chocolate chips into the bowl. Pour into a loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, melt the rest of the chocolate chips in a microwave, heating in 30 seconds intervals until melted.
- Once the bread is baked, let cool for 20 minutes. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let it dry, slice and enjoy!
Keywords: banana bread, healthy, chocolate, gluten-free, oil-free, vegan