These Vegan Chocolate Pancakes require only 10-ingredients to make. They make the perfect brunch recipe and will be loved by all eaters, especially little kids.
-1 cup gluten-free flour (can also sub for regular flour)
-¼ cup cacao powder
-½ tsp cinnamon powder
-1 tsp baking powder
-½ cup unsweetened applesauce
-¾ cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-2 tsp coconut oil, melted
-½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine the apple cider vinegar with the milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, maple syrup, oil, and the milk with vinegar together. Mix well. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined, being careful not to overmix. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and spray with oil. Scoop ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and flatten into a circle. Let cook for about 1 minute. Flip over and cook again for another 1 minute.
- Place into a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and some maple syrup. I added some vegan yogurt, cacao nibs and unsweetened shredded coconut. Enjoy!