These Vegan Chocolate Pancakes require only 10-ingredients to make. They make the perfect brunch recipe and will be loved by all easters, especially little kids.
When the weekend comes, I am always thinking of pancakes or waffles. I dream about the flavor I will make, how high the stack of pancakes should be, and the endless toppings. Although pancakes can be eaten anytime during the week, I always find them extra special having them on the weekend when the whole city, the atmosphere just feels so much more relaxed, peaceful and happy.
Pancakes are also what I ordered the most when I would go out for brunch with my friends. If you know me, I always go for a flavor I haven’t tried before. However, this week I have been thinking all about classic flavors, be it chocolate or vanilla. And if you really know me, you know I often choose chocolate over vanilla. So it goes without saying that I would choose to make chocolate pancakes when I have the choice to.
These Vegan Chocolate Pancakes are made gluten-free and refined sugar-free. They are fluffy and don’t require a lot of time to make. If you have leftovers, you can also freeze them and have it later in the week. If you are ready to make these chocolate pancakes, here are the ingredients you will need:
-gluten-free flour (can also sub for regular flour)
-unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
-apple cider vinegar
Ready for some fluffy chocolate pancakes? Let’s make them!Print
These Vegan Chocolate Pancakes require only 10-ingredients to make. They make the perfect brunch recipe and will be loved by all eaters, especially little kids.
-1 cup gluten-free flour (can also sub for regular flour)
-¼ cup cacao powder
-½ tsp cinnamon powder
-1 tsp baking powder
-½ cup unsweetened applesauce
-¾ cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-2 tsp coconut oil, melted
-½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine the apple cider vinegar with the milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, maple syrup, oil, and the milk with vinegar together. Mix well. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined, being careful not to overmix. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and spray with oil. Scoop ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and flatten into a circle. Let cook for about 1 minute. Flip over and cook again for another 1 minute.
- Place into a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and some maple syrup. I added some vegan yogurt, cacao nibs and unsweetened shredded coconut. Enjoy!