Coconut Linzer Cookies. These cookies are soft in the middle like shortbread with slightly crunchy on the outside. They subtly sweet and pairs perfectly with the raspberry jam. They are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
-1 ½ cup unsalted, raw cashews
-1 ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
-1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
-¼ cup flaxseeds*
-1 cup maple syrup
-1 cup coconut butter
-½ cup raspberry jam**
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all cashews, oat flour, shredded coconut, and flaxseeds together. Blend until it appears as crumbles. Add in maple syrup and coconut butter. Blend again.
- Roll the dough out into 1 cm thickness. Using a cookie cutter or a very small cup, make multiple circles. Place in sheet pan.
- For half of the circle dough, use another small cookie cutter of any shape and make a hole at the center. Make sure there are equal amounts of regular cookies and ones with a hole in the center.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes being careful not to overbake them. Let cool completely.
- Spread about ½ tsp of raspberry jam to the center of the regular circle cookies. Top with the other shaped cookie. Repeat steps for remaining cookies. Enjoy!
*Can sub for chia seeds
**Sub for any other jam or jelly flavor you like
Keywords: cookies, raspberry, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, holidays