These vegan and gluten-free Chai Muffins are soft and moist inside. With the addition of the cinnamon sugar frosting, it makes the perfect cozy treat to have with coffee, tea, or hot cocoa.
I actually never tried chai until last year when I was working as a barista and wish I discovered it sooner! It certainly cannot be autumn without chai. It is such a warm spice, everyone is bound to like it. Of course, I took this opportunity to make some desserts out of chai spice. The first up are these Chai Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Frosting.
These muffins are the perfect sweetness and treat any time of the day. The inside is soft and the cinnamon sugar topping pairs perfectly with the chai spice. These muffins are super easy to make and requires minimum ingredients.
Here is what you will need:
-Chai Spice (housemade or store-bought)
-chai tea bags
-organic coconut sugar
Let’s start baking!Print
These vegan and gluten free Chai Muffins are soft and moist inside. With the addition of the cinnamon sugar frosting, it makes the perfect cozy treat to have with coffee, tea, or hot cocoa.
-1 ½ cup almond flour
-2 chai tea bags
-¼ cup unsweetened almond milk*
-6 tbsp dairy-free yogurt
-¼ cup organic coconut sugar
-¼ cup arrowroot powder
-1 tsp baking powder
-½ tbsp chai spice
-pinch of salt
Cinnamon Sugar Frosting
-1 tbsp coconut sugar
-½ tsp chai spice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with some oil.
- In a small pot, add tea bags and milk. Bring to a boil and let the tea bag sit for 5-8 minutes. Remove tea bags when done.
- Combine the tea and yogurt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, arrowroot powder, baking powder, chai spice and salt together.
- Slowly add in milk and yogurt mixture. Combine well.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut sugar and chai spic for the frosting together.
- Divide the batter into the muffin pan, about 3/4th full. Top with ½ tsp each of the cinnamon sugar frosting.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving and enjoy!
*Can sub for any other non-dairy milk.
Keywords: chai, muffins, gluten-free, vegan, autumn