Banana bread meets s’mores for the ultimate cookies combination. They are soft with melted, gooey marshmallows and chocolate chips. You would fall in love with these Vegan S’mores Banana Bread Cookies. They are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
I have to admit that s’mores are not my favorite dessert or snack growing up and even now. I am not the biggest fan of marshmallows itself and maybe that is the reason. I much prefer regular chocolate chip cookies. However, something changed recently where I am obsessed with melted marshmallows. I love the gooey texture and especially with warm and melted chocolate.
I wasn’t planning on making cookies because I had some ripe bananas on my kitchen counter and wanted to make banana bread, but a sudden idea came to me that I should try combining them both together. Who wouldn’t want s’mores and banana bread right? I could not wait for the cookies to come out of the oven and when it did, I had one immediately. Other than burning my tongue in the process, I love these cookies. They are not overly sweet and if you do not want marshmallows with them, they still make the perfect banana bread chocolate chip cookies or just banana bread cookies if you also remove the chocolate chips.
If you want to join me in the kitchen to make these Banana Bread S’mores Cookies, here are the ingredients you will need:
-gluten-free rolled oats
-brown rice flour
-unrefined coconut oil
-vegan dark chocolate chips
-pure vanilla extract
Let’s start baking!Print
Banana bread meets s’mores for the ultimate cookies combination. They are soft with melted, gooey marshmallows, and chocolate chips. You would fall in love with these Vegan S’mores Banana Bread Cookies. They are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
1 ½ cup (210 grams) gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup (110 grams) brown rice flour
-1 cup (205 grams) mashed, ripe bananas
-1 cup vegan marshmallows
-½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
-½ cup coconut sugar
-⅓ cup unrefined coconut oil
-1 tsp baking powder
-½ tsp pure vanilla extract
-pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the rolled oats to a food processor and pulse lightly until the oats are loosely grounded.
- Add the rolled oats, brown rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and pinch of salt together. Combine well.
- Add in the mashed banana, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in. Mix well.
- Fold in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1 ½ inch balls and flatten. Repeat the step until all the cookie batter is used.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: banana bread, s’mores, vegan chocolate, chocolate chips, gluten-free cookies